Living in Australia, we’ve all likely heard stories where plumbers have had to dig up lawns, or pull up floorboards to replace sections damaged sewer pipe.
Traditionally there was no other option, however now with the aid of innovation and the help of modern technology, those sections of damaged pipe can be repaired quickly, with minimal disruption and with little to no trace.
What is Pipe Relining?
Pipe Relining is system that enables sections of damaged pipe to be repaired without physically replacing them.
How does Pipe Relining Work?
A liner, that has been impregnated with resin is inserted and positioned inside the damaged section of pipe. With the use of compressed air the liner is forced to conform to the inside diameter of the pipe until the resin is cured. Once the resin has set, the inflation device is removed and a new section of pipe is left adhering to the existing pipe.
Why would you reline a pipe, over replacing it?
In scenarios where drains are hard to access, or plainly inconvenient, pipe relining is a fantastic alternative to traditional methods.
Below are a few of the many advantages of pipe relining:
Different scenarios require different types of repair applications and at Service Today, we have them all covered. Below are some examples of typical scenarios that require different systems of repair.
There’s a 1 meter long section of broken pipe underneath a tiled bathroom in your home.
Method of repair: Spot repair.
How it works:
- The liner, or fabric is measured and cut to cover the section of damaged pipe.
- It’s impregnated with a resin compound and inserted into the drain on a bladder, which is positioned with ropes and pushing cable.
- The bladder is inflated with compressed air and left until the resin has set.
- Once the resin has set, the bladder is deflated and removed, leaving the the new sleeve in position.
There’s 15 meters of damaged pipe under your concrete driveway.
Method of repair: Inversion lining.
How it works:
- The section of damaged pipe is measured and a liner is cut accordingly.
- The liner is impregnated with resin and wound onto a drum.
- The drum is sealed and one end of the liner is placed through the drums launching nozzle.
- The launching nozzle is positioned at the entrance to the damaged drain and compressed air forces it inside, pressing the liner soaked in resin against the internal wall of the pipe.
- Once the resin has cured, the air is deflated and the liner is left in position.
There’s a broken junction (or tee section) under the house.
Method of repair: Junction repair
How it works:
- A drain camera is placed in position in the pipe.
- A pre fabricated liner which is shaped like a T, is coated in resin and inserted over a bladder that is also shaped like a T.
- The bladder is pushed and pulled into position, which is being visually monitored via the drain camera.
- Compressed air inflates the T shaped bladder, forcing the liner up the damaged branch line.
- The resin is cured and the bladder is removed, leaving a new t-piece in position.
Pipe Relining is merely another tool that we at Priority Plus Plumbing have in our repertoire of professional services. The bottom line is, if you have an issue with your drainage, Service Today has the answer.
Whether your problem calls for pipe relining, drain cleaning, or replacement, we can guarantee that you’ll be getting the right advice and the right type of work carried out.
Give Priority Plus Plumbing a call and let the drainage experts take care of your problem permanently.
Schedule A Service
We very much appreciate Jack and the team for their great work, polite manner, and their after work clean up! We would recommend him and the firm to anyone who needs any plumbing services. Thank you to Emma as well who had been very helpful and polite.
Give Priority Plus Plumbing a call today. We'll take care of all your plumbing needs!